Wednesday 23 August 2017

Camp Create Day 2: Magnificent Masking

Love that MFT holds Camp Create to show new techniques with videos and to offer great incentives to us to give the techniques a try.



For Day 2 at My Favorite Things Camp Create, the technique is masking.



Here's my card



I used some post-it tape to mask my scene. I used a 3/4" circle punch on a piece of post-it note to mask the sun. I used distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry) and arranged them to mimic a sunrise (or sunset). I carefully removed the post-it tape and sun mask. I re-applied the post-it tape to cover the sunset side and inked the water with distress inks (tumbled glass, salty ocean). I again carefully removed the post-it tape. I stamped some plant silhouettes, using MFT LJD Peaceful Wildflowers stamp set. I cut the scene out using a circle die. I popped the focal point with foam tape. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.