Wednesday 21 June 2017

Simply Irresistible with Heather Telford and the Foiled Fox

Something on Facebook caught my eye - a challenge hosted by both Heather Telford and the Foiled Fox - titled Simply Irresistible. With a name like that, who wouldn't be intrigued. 

The challenge is to use the Emboss Resist technique with distress oxides.  

I checked out Heather's blog and tried to re-create her card, with my own twist. 

Here's my card


I used Altenew's Adore You stamp set, Versamark ink and WOW!'s Rose Gold embossing powder which was heat set. (Aside, if you haven't tried WOW!'s Rose Gold embossing powder, you need to - the colour is incredible!) Using ink blending tools, I applied distress oxides (wilted violet and worn lipstick - trying to focus the worn lipstick around the flowers). Like Heather, I added Wink of Stella over the flower petals for some added sparkle. 

Here's a close-up. 


I matted the panel on gold cardstock to emphasize the rose gold embossing.

Thanks for visiting
sue


1 comment:

  1. Such pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with Heather Telford and me on the Simply Irresistible card challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.