Thursday 1 June 2017

House of Cards - Blog Hop

WOW - it's crazy that it's already June. That means, that it's time for a blog hop at House of Cards. Here is the photo inspiration:


Here's my card


I was inspired by the nautical theme. i used this Sea Creatures Digital Stamp Set from MHK Designs, one of the sponsors of our blog hop. I love being by the ocean - I feel so at peace listening to the waves roll in. So, I chose this sentiment to be a focus of the card. I also, couldn't resist a cute seahorse (wait, can seahorses be cute?). For the background, I thought I'd try something a bit different. I inked up the background with distress inks (tumbled glass and salty ocean) and ink blending tools. Then, with a scrap piece of cardstock, I diecut, using my WPlus9 Wave Border Designer die. I experimented using the "wavy" edge of the diecut, an ink blending tool and faded jeans distress ink on a piece of scrap paper. I found that if I placed the diecut upside down and then inked, the resulting image looked most like waves. I repeated this several times, randomly over the panel. I matted the card with a piece of blue cardstock and added a few sequins to complete the card. 

We'd love to see your creations and how you were inspired by our photo. Note our earlier than usual deadline - June 15th at noon CST.

There are prizes - prizes are hidden in random stops along the blog hop. To increase your chance of winning, please leave us a comment at each stop and also, link up your card for an added chance of winning.

We have great sponsors - check them out:

Prize: Any three products of your choice!


Prize: 2 Images



Prize: $10 to use in store



Prize $10 Gift Certificate to use in store


The House of Cards design team all used products from our sponsors. You should have arrived from Shirley.  The next stop is Susan.  If you'd like to check out the entire blog hop, the first stop is 

House of Cards Challenge Blog


Thanks for visiting
sue

14 comments:

  1. Love this cute little sea horse! The colors are amazing!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seahorses can be cute and this one sure is!
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC Teamie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simple and so wonderful.
    The colors in the background are
    fantastic and the sea horse is
    darling.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, like the seahorse and your background is stunning! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation and nice colours!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#6 – Beginning of the summer (let the sun shine)
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the subtle waves in the background! Pretty seahorse design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, your background is AMAZING! I love this CAS creation! Thank you so much for all you've done at House of Cards this term! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your waves, they look so realandThe sea horse is the perfect embellishment. Shirley Teammie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun summer card! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely aqua background...perfect place for the seahorse to float along! Lovely CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Sue! I love your background, and the sentiment is wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the background!Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.