Monday 24 January 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #457

It's time for a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Here's the sketch


Going to be honest. This sketch wasn't easy for me. Here's my card


I flipped through my stencils hoping for some inspiration. I picked out Hero Arts Deco Pattern Stencil. I think it looks like ginkgo leaves and what do you know? I have a ginkgo die cut. OK - going to see if I can put these things together. I started by using the stencil on some white cardstock and adding twisted citron and mowed lawn distress inks, applied with oval brushes. I trimmed the panel down to 2" x 4.75". I inked up some white cardstock with the same distress inks I used with the stencil - twisted citron and mowed lawn because I didn't have any cardstock that matched. I used CC Designs' Ginkgo Leaf die and this inked up white cardstock to die cut three leaves. They, however were missing something. They were too plain so I added some colored pencil lines using a dark green Prismacolor Premier colored pencil to mimic the ridges of the leaf. I was happier now. For the sentiment, I stamped using Mint Owl Studio's Banner Sentiments stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink onto some more of the inked up white cardstock. I die cut the stamped sentiment using a My Favorite Things Stitched Square STAX die. I assembled the pieces onto a light gray A2 card panel and then adhered it to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by this week's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.