Friday 8 December 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ December Anything Goes With Dies Challenge

It's the last month of 2023. How are your Christmas preparations coming along? Hoping you might have some time to craft with us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.


Here's my card


When I saw stitching on cards, I thought that's not me. However, I keep seeing it and then thought, well, maybe I should try. It's kind of addicting. I started with Spellbinders' Stitched Poinsettia & Holly die set. I die cut the poinsettia petals from two shades of red and two leaves from two shades of green. I used DMC Diamant Grande thread I purchased from Michaels. Of course, the needle that fit through the holes would only take one strand of the six strands of the thread. So, yes, I untwirled the thread to separate the strands. I used a bit of double-sided tape on the reverse side to hold the end of the strand and another piece to hold the other end of the strand in place. I stacked the two sets of red pedals to create my flower and placed the two leaves. I glued these pieces in place on a medium gray A2 card panel. I die cut the center of the flower using the same die set from a scrap of gold cardstock and glued it in place. I heat embossed the sentiment using Hero Arts Winter Silhouettes stamp set and gold embossing powder. To complete my card, I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see your die cut creations in our gallery this month. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.