Monday 9 January 2023

Die Cut Divas ~ Valentines with Lawn Fawn

Happy New Year Die Cut Diva fans! Hoping you will have lots of time for crafting in 2023. Our first challenge of 2023 is designed to get you ready for Valentines Day. Our challenge is

Valentines

Our sponsor this month is Lawn Fawn


Here's my card


Truthfully, I don't have much in the way of Valentines' stuff. However, I do have Lawn Fawn's Center Picture Window Card Heart Add-On Die. I didn't realize that it was an add-on die until I started to think about what to do. I of course, do not own Lawn Fawn's Center Picture Window Card die set, so I had to find an alternate use for my die set. I used the heart die to die cut a window from a pink A2 card panel. I decided to do a shaker card but not a shaker card with lots of dimensional adhesive. Oh no - I used a small plastic bag to hold the "shaker bits" also known as Michael's queen of Hearts confetti. In this way, I didn't have to build up dimension on my card. I closed the small bag by folding over the open edge and adding with scotch tape to hold the folded part in place. I stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn's Wavy Sayings stamp set and Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink. I adhered the bag of confetti in place with more scotch tape. I trimmed the pink panel slightly and adhered it with double sided tape to a white A2 card panel. Here's a close-up


We'd love to see your Valentines' creations in our gallery this month. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute, I like the shaker bits not moving around too much, great for snail mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Sue, and clever alternative to the traditional shaker enclosure. Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on this "shaker" card. I'll have to try it. I love those shaker bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling shaker card, Sue - love how you did it with the plastic baggie. Will try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.