Monday 31 May 2021

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge ~ Challenge #423

WOW! It's the last day of May. Where does the time go? I sure am happy that the days are still getting longer and that it's almost tank top and shorts weather! 

It's time for a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Here's our sketch


Here's my card


For my card, I used Simon Says STAMP's Swirls and Dots stencil. I inked up three panels trying to keep the alignment and positioning of the stencil the same. I used distress inks - mustard seed and carved pumpkin on the first; twisted citron and cracked pistachio on the second; shaded lilac and salty ocean on the third. I trimmed each panel the same, into three pieces. I took one piece of each panel to create my card. I can, in fact, make two more cards using the same sketch. For the central part, I inked up a scrap of white cardstock with mustard seed and carved pumpkin. I then used Memory Box's Rhone Butterfly Wings die to die cut the butterfly. I used a scrap of black to die cut the body and antenna. I cut down a piece of vellum and adhered the butterfly to it. For the sentiment, I used a STAMPlorations clear sticker from the New Day sticker pack and also adhered it to the vellum. I adhered the vellum to the card front to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by this week's sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. I lope the delicate look of your card. Nice job. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.