Sunday 31 January 2021

Reminder Post ~ Cupcake Inspirations ~ Challenge #511

Hi! Have you had a chance to join us at Cupcake Inspirations yet? There is just under a week left in our current color challenge.

Admittedly, maroon, teal and gold are not my usual go-to colors. That's what's great about challenges - they can push one outside one's comfort zone. Whether it be trying new techniques or playing with new colors or new patterns, it's good sometimes to have to put on your thinking cap! 

Here's my card

I have quite an extensive collection of 6x6 paper packs. I flipped through to find some maroon and teal patterns - bonus points for gold as a second color! I cut them into 5/8" strips and cut a fish-tail at the bottom. I found some gold colored cardstock and adhered the banners. I used a strip of the same gold (to cover the uneven top edges!), one edge detailed with the EK Success Postage Stamp border punch. For the sentiment, I used Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments stamp set with Hero Arts Charcoal ink. For something a bit different, I used We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper for the bottom two corners.

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.