Tuesday 19 January 2021

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #397

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! Our challenge is


This card was actually my Christmas card this past holiday season.


I signed up for the Simply Watercolor Christmas class through Online Card Classes and my card was a combination using some of the ideas shared during the class. On some watercolor paper, I used a turquoise color from Michael's Artist's Loft Watercolor paints to make a large "blob" shape, with more color on the edges and less towards the middle. Once dry, I added the black "ground" with Cotman Water Colours Lamp Black. When that was dry, I splattered some watered down White Gouache and some Perfect Pearls for a bit of shimmer. I used Tombow's Dual Brush Pen Art Marker - Lamp Black to "scribble" trees. I used Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolor Set to paint the word "joy". I stamped "to the world" using Simon Says STAMP CZ Designs' Chunky Christmas stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I trimmed the watercolor to A2 size and adhered it to a A2 card base.

I made 30 of these cards and they all are a bit different from each other - variations on a theme. 

We'd love for you to join us for our Christmas challenge.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I am so impressed that you made thirty of these, such a work of love to make so many. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scenery! And you 30!!! Now that's impressive.
    xAsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely design, Sue and I love those scribble trees! And you made 30??? That must make you this weeks's cardmaking hero!
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ! Love your design and the watercoloured "blob" you've done. Those scribble trees are fabulous and make such lovely silhouettes on the blue sky. Can't imagine scribbling these trees for 30 cards ! Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scene! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those trees. Great water colouring!
    Fabulous make for ATSM!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such simple and fantastic card! Love the winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative and fun! You are truly an artist when you can "scribble" such great looking trees like this! Fun card, and congrats on making 30!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.