Sunday 30 October 2016

Muse Challenge #189

Found some time to play in my craft space and made a card for this week's challenge at Muse Card Club. This week's Muse card is this fun creation by Lucille K





OK, I'll be honest. I looked at the fun card and thought I guess that I won't play along this week. I don't have a doughnut stamp or die; I don't have a cupcake stamp or die. Then it hit me, it didn't have to be a doughnut - that's just the starting point, right? So I looked past the doughnut (anyone else craving a Krispy Kreme now?) and looked at the sketch/layout. Since, we're less than two months to Christmas, I thought I'd try to make a Christmas card. Here's my card


I was inspired by
- the general sketch/layout
- the multi-colour, repeated pattern of the vertical panel

I used Stampin' Up's Lots of Joy stamp set with SU's Real Red ink. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Holiday Hellos stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue


2 comments:

  1. Love the way you were inspired by the Muse - terrific Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Sue. Like you did, it's fun to break down a design into it's elements and create something that works. Your interpretation of Lucille's card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.