Sunday 9 June 2024

Die Cut Divas ~ June Challenge with Elizabeth Crafts

There is a new challenge at Die Cut Divas for the month of June. Our challenge is

"Your Favorite Die Cut Shapes"

Our sponsor this month is Elizabeth Craft Designs who will be giving our winner a $25 gift card. A big thank you to Elizabeth Craft Designs for their generosity.


I'm pretty boring. My favorite die cut shape is a rectangle. There is something about crisp right angles and parallel lines that make it my favorite. Here's my card


For my card, I started with some white cardstock. I ink blended using distress inks (mowed lawn, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon) and oval ink blending brushes. I die cut using Elizabeth Craft Designs' Fancy Cut-Aways. I backed the die cut with silver shimmer cardstock. I found a polka dot patterned paper which I used for a horizontal strip. For the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Many Mini Messages with Gina K Design's Turquoise Sea ink on a light teal A2 card panel. I adhered the pieces to the panel and then adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see you use die cuts in our gallery and please tell us your favorite die cut shape or type of die cut shape. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

3 comments:

  1. Fab card with the rectangle cut-aways, Sue! Love the ink blended arches with the polka dotted paper behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ink blending is perfect, what a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ink blending and I bet the silver shimmer cardstock is makes this card even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.