Monday 10 June 2024

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #581

I'm having one of those days. I thought I had everything ready to write this blog post. But no - I hadn't taken a photo of my card. Fortunately, the sun was out today and I was able to take a photo ... after work. Yup, I had to work today - UGH. So I was further delayed and of course, I had to have a nap when I got home from work. I feel like this is one of those "If you give a mouse a cookie" stories.

It's OK though. It's still Monday, at least on the West Coast. We have a new sketch challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge


Here's my take on the sketch


I started by creating the little scene. I ink blended Gina K Designs' Sweet Mango, Passionate Pink and Turquoise Sea on some white cardstock. I then stamped the trees using Gina K Design's Friendly Silhouettes. I then die cut using a Sizzix circle die and I matted with a dark orange cardstock, die cut with a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die. I used the same dark orange cardstock for the 1/2" horizontal strip. I went through my 6x6 paper packs and found the chevron and polka dot papers. I cut them to size and added a fish-tail banner to the chevron paper. I stamped the sentiment using Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments stamp set and Gina K Design's Turquoise Sea on a strip of natural cardstock. I adhered the various elements onto a natural A2 card panel which I then adhered to a natural A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch by adding to our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.