Tuesday 28 February 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge

We're back from our little vacation. For me, it wasn't a vacation from crafting but rather a vacation from blogging! I need to play with paper, scissors, ink and glue. It's what makes me happy! 

OK, enough about me. We have a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.


Here's my card


For my card, obviously, I didn't incorporate the optional theme of wings. What I did was start with an A2 panel of 96 lb Strathmore watercolour paper. For the colours, I used a Spectrum Noir Tri-colour Aqua marker - Warm Fiery which is composed of Gold, Crimson and Sunset colours. I scribbled each of the colours on a non-permeable surface - I use a plastic place mat and spritzed them with some water. I picked up each color with a piece of plastic packaging and applied it to the watercolour panel. I kept adding colour until I was happy with the result. I let the panel dry. Once dry, I stamped the focal image using STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #3 with my MISTI. I needed to stamp this image a couple of times to get good coverage. For the sentiment, I used Hero Arts Layered Topiary stamp set. I trimmed the panel slightly and double matted with black and coral cardstock. I then adhered the panel to a white A2 cardbase to complete my card.

We'd love to see your watercolour projects in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this card. The background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love creating backgrounds and your card is inspiring! LynB xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.