Sunday 4 December 2022

Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge ~ December 2022

We've made it to December! Hopefully, you've been playing along with us here at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge and should have a little stash of Christmas card ready to mail out! Well our final challenge for 2022 is


Here's my card


For my card, I used Pretty Pink Posh's Layered Ornaments stencils. It's a set of three stencils. I checked out this Jennifer McGuire video and at around the 19 minute mark, she shares a brilliant way to help keep each ornament its own unique color. I would have used a ton of post-it notes to try to separate the colors. She used a scrap of cardstock with a circle punched out as a mask. Brilliant! I used a 1 1/4" circle punch to create my mask. I used a lot of distress inks to make my colorful card - picked raspberry, wilted violet, blueprint sketch, salty ocean, fossilized amber, carved pumpkin, candied apple, twisted citron, mowed lawn, peacock feathers (listed in no particular order), applied with oval ink blending brushes. For the second layer, I used the same colors, just added a bit more ink and pressure to get a tone-on-tone look for each of the ornaments. For the hanger of the ornaments on the third layer, I used Concord & 9th's Dove ink. For the sentiment, I die cut using Simon Says STAMP's Deco Trees dies and silver cardstock. I adhered the card panel to a white A2 card base to complete my Christmas card.

We'd love to see you Christmas cards in our gallery this month. Please note that we'll be taking a vacation in 2023 and will be back in March.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. this is beautiful, lots of work went into it to get all those different colors
    Happy Holidays
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.