Saturday 14 March 2020

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge # 180

It was my turn to choose the code word at Addicted to CAS. This is what I chose ...



When I chose the word, I felt that there were so many ways that "circle" could be used to make a card - maybe a circle card, using a circle mask, die cut circles, stamped circles. This is what I created


I decided on a card with bokeh. Bokeh is "the way the lens (camera) renders out-of-focus points of light". I made this one-layer card and masked off an 1.25" horizontal area with post-it tape and added colour with distress inks (cracked pistachio, faded jeans, dusty concord) with an ink blending tool. I then used circle punches (0.75", 1", 1.25") to punch out circles from 3" x 3" post-it notes to use as masks. I added Color Box Frost White pigment ink with an ink dauber to mimic bokeh. 

For the sentiment, I used Paper Smooches' Salutation stamp set.

How will you be inspired by our code word "circle"?

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Bokeh effect on your card and I love your color palette, Sue! Thanks for a great code word...I had fun with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful effect, Sue, and wonderful blend of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I love the beautiful blended background. So soft and soothing.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.