Tuesday 8 January 2019

Addicted to Stamps and More #323

Happy New Year friends!

I have NEWS! I've joined the design team at Addicted to Stamps and More. I am excited to work on new techniques and designs, work with new products (and some not so new but unused products in my stash) and to continue to work at my craft. 

Here is this week's challenge


Here's my card



Well, although I realize that Christmas season 2018 is over, I spent Christmas in Hawaii and it just didn't feel the same. I mean, how could it be Christmas when I'm walking around in a tank top, shorts and wearing flip flops - especially being Canadian, eh?

I inked up an acrylic block with some blue distress marker (broken china, salty ocean, tumbled glass, faded jeans) scribbles and lighty spritzed with water before applying it to a 96lb bristol card panel. I stamped the tree from Stampin' Up's Lovely As A Tree offset to the left. I added Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter drops on some of the branches of the tree for a bit of sparkle. Here's a close-up.


For the sentiment, I heat embossed with silver embossing powder using Paper Smooches' Blessed Christmas stamp set. I trimmed the panel and matted on teal cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by. We'd love for you to join our "Holiday" challenge this week.
sue

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Sue and welcome to the ATSM team! Your card beautifully captures the the peace and serenity of Christmas. LOVE it.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.