Wednesday 25 April 2018

STAMPlorations Spotlight Project - Guest Designer - April 25

I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer over at STAMPlorations with a Spotlight Project. I chose to use the STAMPlorations The Birds and The Blooms stamp set


thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview

I thought that for this spotlight project, I'd use the spotlight stamping technique - clever, eh? Here's my card



I started by stamping the single bloom multiple times, in various orientations, on an A2 card panel using my MISTI until the panel was covered.  I stamped off the edge of the panel a few times, so I found that it was easier using my regular MISTI than the mini MISTI. 



On a piece of heavier weight cardstock, I stamped the single bloom with Versafine ink and added colour with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water brush. Using a 1.5" circle punch, I punched out the main part of the bloom (trick, turn the punch over to see where you are punching).



I used a Spellbinders scalloped circle die to cut out a scalloped mat for the colored circle image. I carefully, adhered the matted circle directly over a bloom, matching up edges. For the sentiment, I stamped the "Hello" from the same stamp set. I was going to place it on a 1 1/8" horizontal strip but it didn't "pop" enough. So, I added a green mat (matching the circle's green mat) for the sentiment. Sometimes, we need to be flexible with our crafting. Stuff doesn't always turn out the way we anticipated. we need to be nimble and try alternatives. You may be surprised!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.