Friday 1 June 2018

House of Cards - June 1st

It's the first of June. That means that it's time for a new challenge at House of Cards and a blog hop. Note that the challenge will only be open June 1 to 15. The inspiration photo is

fields of joy | 20 easy pop-out butterflies and flowers | design: jurianne matter | buy online at www.juriannematte...


Here's my card


I started with Butterfly Elements Digital Stamp Set available at MHK Designs. I chose the small horizontal element with small butterfly. I printed it onto white cardstock and trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.25". I also printed the sentiment onto white cardstock. I  added some color to the butterfly element with Distress Markers (worn lipstick, bundled sage, pumice stone, brushed corduroy), trying to use similar colors to the inspiration photo. 

You should have arrived from Shawna
Next up is Susan

Here's the blog  hop order

House of Cards Challenge Blog


 Judy
 Cohenna 
Donna 
 Em 
 Jane
Michele 
 Rocky 
 Rosi 
Shawna 
 Sue N.   <<< that's me
Susan 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

7 comments:

  1. The pink border really emphasises the sentiment. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice accord between the image and the sentiment, Sue! - Love it a lot!
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, like how you focused on the saying! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that sentiment! Your card is CAS and perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    I am now your follower. Won't you follow me? kReN @ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome job ... love how you changed it up a bit ... the sentiment is perfect but cropping the dainty flowers for a header was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card....I love the sentiment...it says it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.