Sunday 29 May 2016

Muse Card Challenge #167

I enjoy participating at Muse Card Challenge because the Muse cards are always so beautiful and I love the opportunity to "stretch outside my box".  To take the Muse card and apply my own interpretation, I find to be liberating. I'm enjoying the process. I enjoy checking out the other submissions every week and to find out how the others were inspired. I'm such a rule-follower that any "stretch outside my box" exercise is a welcomed challenge.

Here's the wonderful Muse card created by Jenni Murray




Here's my card


I used the row of gift boxes from the Celebrate You stamp set by My Favorite Things. I was trying to figure out how to add colour to the gift boxes. At first, I thought about masking each of the gift boxes and stamping them one at a time. I didn't think that I could figure that out. So instead, I used my Color Box Paintbox with 12 colours, moving the stamp slightly to the right and left to try to blend the colours. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP It's Your Birthday stamp set.

Oops - I forgot to add how I was inspired by Jenni's card. I think that it's pretty obvious though. Inspired by:

  • row of gift boxes in multiple colours
  • scripty Happy Birthday greeting
  • lots of white space


Thanks for visiting
sue

6 comments:

  1. Love the pastels, and the way it all blends together. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I think it's fascinating to see how differently we're all inspired by the same card. Love your little rainbow coloured row of gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beautiful colours! Great use of that solid stamp! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow coloursof your presents!thank you for joining us this week at Muse hope we can continue to inspire you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow coloursof your presents!thank you for joining us this week at Muse hope we can continue to inspire you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your interpretation of Jenni's card and the array of beautiful colors. You've inspired me to try something different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.