Thursday 9 May 2024

Die Cut Divas ~ Monochromatic Challenge with Waffle Flower

It's May and our challenge for this month is

MONOCHROMATIC

Our sponsor this month is Waffle Flower. They will be giving our winner a $15 gift certificate. Thank you to Waffle Flower for their generosity. 


Here's my card


For my card, I started with Waffle Flower's Dotted Flowers dies. I die cut the three sizes of flowers and two sizes of leaves from a dark gray cardstock. I used DMC embroidery floss 414 which matched perfectly to the cardstock. Sometimes it pays not to throw things out as I have quite a collection of DMC flosses - a nod back to my cross-stitch days. I stitched up the die cuts using some double sided adhesive to hold the ends in place on the reverse side. I used the same shade of gray cardstock as the A2 background and a piece of patterned paper cut to 3" x 4 1/4". I used Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments and Gina K Design's Slate ink for the sentiment. I arranged the flowers and leaves on the patterned paper and glued them in place. I used double-sided tape to adhere the patterned paper in place and also to adhere the A2 panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your monochromatic cards, remember to use a die cut or dry embossing on your card, in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

2 comments:

  1. Darling trio of stitched flowers, Sue - so pretty in the grey tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! You could use that in any color too. Great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.