Sunday 28 February 2021

Happy Little Stampers ~ March Watercolour Challenge

Phew! We've made it to March. Spring must be right around the corner, right? I sure hope so. I can't wait to see the pretty Spring flowers make their appearance. It's time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge


Here's my card


I started by heat embossing with white embossing powder, the sentiment using Mama Elephant's Merci stamp set onto an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. As a little aside, if anyone has any idea where I put that stamp set after I used it to make this card, I'd appreciate it if they could share. LOL! 

I then added colour with distress inks (mustard seed, picked raspberry, peacock feathers, seedless preserves). I smooshed some distress ink onto a plastic sheet and picked up the ink with a slightly wet paint brush. I added more water with the paint brush to make the ink "move" and blend. When the inks dried, I spritzed some water by wetting my fingers and flicking the water onto the panel. The panel ended up a bit "bubbly". So, to flatten it, I placed it under a heavy stack of paper overnight. To complete the card, I added a few sequins for a bit of shine.

We'd love to see your watercolour projects.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful background for this large sentiment - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical-looking background! Love all those colors! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.