Tuesday 1 December 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge ~ December Challenge

We've made it to December! One more month and the longest year will be over. Who could have predicted what 2020 would be like? We have one last challenge at Rainbow Card Challenge for 2020.


I was inspired by the ornaments in the bottom right corner. Here's my card


I found a new (to me) stamp company from England, called Polkadoodles. I've used their Baubles and Banners stamp set for this card. I stamped the various images randomly using Versafine Onyx Black ink onto watercolor paper. I then added color with my Michael's Artist's Loft Watercolor Set, some water and a paint brush. I'm just getting started using watercolors and I'm loving the way you get "fuzzy" lines. While the images are precise, the watercoloring can be a little more forgiving with "fuzzy" lines. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say! I used a silver sparkle gel pen to color in the tops of the ornaments and a gold sparkle gel pen to color in some of the "dots". I didn't want to cover up the images so I heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum. I used STAMPlorations' Christmas Bell Medley stamp set and silver embossing powder. 

We'd love for you to join us this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun Christmas card! I love the colors and the stamps that you used! :) Hugs! Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and fabulous take on our rainbow theme ! Love all these tiny ornaments so beautifully watercolored ! Take care and safe and have a lovely Christmas time. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.