Monday 1 July 2019

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #323

It's Monday, which means that it's time for a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Here's this week's sketch



No photo description available.



Here's my card




I started with one of my favorite techniques - one I've seen by Jennifer McGuire. She's called it Faux Textured Metal Paper. It looks impressive and it's so easy to do. I rotated the sketch so that it's horizontal. I masked off the outside 0.75" on each edge with post-it tape. I randomly added spun sugar and shaded violet distress inks with ink blending tools. Then I added perfect pearls with a dry brush over the inked area. The perfect pearls makes the inked area shimmer.  I carefully removed the post-it tape. I embossed the panel with We R Memory Keepers Geometric embossing folder. Here's a close-up.



I diecut the sentiment using Papertrey Ink's Wondrous Words: Thank You die. For the flowers, I used scraps of cardstock and My Favorite Things Die-namics Flower and Leaf Trio dies. To complete the card, I added some rhinestones to the centers of the flowers, for a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.