Thursday 6 December 2018

STAMPlorations CAS December Challenge

It's so difficult to believe that it's already the last month of 2018. Where does the time go? I have so much to do before the big guy in the red suit appears. I know ... make a list, check it twice (oops, wrong list!).

Here's this month's challenge at STAMPlorations CAS




Here's my card




It's a "simple" one this month. I started with a scrap of shiny silver cardstock - actually any non-porous material, like Yupo would work. I added some Adirondack alcohol ink (stream and citrus) with an ink applicator and applicator felt. I placed a few drops randomly onto the applicator felt and stamped multiple times to cover the silver cardstock. I let the alcohol ink dry. I made a 4.25" square card base and using STAMPlorations Christmas Icons - Christmas Tree #2 CUTplorations die, die cut the tree in the centre of the card. I placed the alcohol inked panel behind the cutout and adhered it in place. Here's a close-up (it's difficult to capture the colors).



This is a clean and simple card that would be easy to reproduce several times over. Hmm - maybe it would make a good choice for my annual Christmas card. 

We'd love for you to join us this month.
sue

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful alcohol ink background behind your die cut tree. I am sure IRL your tree is very shiny. TFS Sue. Hugs and Merry Christmas..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite dies and I love how you used alcohol inks for the "tree" background! Happy holidays! harriet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.