Sunday 12 January 2020

STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday - January 12, 2020

Very excited for the opportunity to play with stencils over at the STAMPlorations blog. I love working with stencils - they're affordable and quite versatile. I'm going to have two projects, twice a month, for the first three months of 2020. Both projects use alcohol inks and the same stencil, STAMPlorations ARTplorations Prim Triangles stencil. 

Here's my first project


I started with glossy cardstock (actually photo paper). I added a few drops of alcohol ink (butterscotch and stream) and a few drops of alcohol blending solution on an alcohol ink applicator felt. I moved the applicator side to side to create the stripes. I moved the applicator slightly up and down to blend the colours. I let the alcohol inks dry (it doesn't take long). Next, I applied alcohol lift ink to the STAMPlorations ARTplorations Prim Triangles stencil and then placed the stencil (alcohol lift ink side) on the striped panel. I tapped the stencil down, to ensure good contact between the alcohol lift ink and the alcohol ink. I carefully removed the stencil and washed the stencil with warm soapy water. 

Here's a close-up of the effect


You can see that the alcohol lift ink did what it's supposed to do - lift (or remove) the alcohol ink. I stamped the sentiment using STAMPlorations Say It Big: Choose Happy stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I let the ink dry overnight. To complete the card, I trimmed the panel down, matted with black cardstock, mounted it onto an A2 card base and added a few rhinestones for a bit of sparkle.

Here's my second project


For this card, I started with a piece of shiny silver cardstock (Recollections Foil Paper - Silver). I added butterscotch alcohol ink randomly with an alcohol ink applicator with some alcohol blending solution. I let the alcohol ink dry. Then, I used the STAMPlorations ARTplorations Prim Triangles stencil as an embossing folder. I placed the stencil against the shiny, inked side of the silver cardstock and added a few pieces of cardstock and placed the "sandwich" through my Big Shot. The open spaces of the stencil resulted in the 
raised areas on the panel. I matted the panel with black and added a sentiment using STAMPlorations New Day Clear Stickers. 

STAMPlorations will randomly choose one winner of a $15 gift code to their store from all those who leave comments either on the STAMPlorations blog or on the designer's blog for all January Stencil Sunday posts. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

17 comments:

  1. Super fun cards and
    great tutorials on the
    techniques! I need to try
    both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you did that second card - that is amazing - both cards are beautiful TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ways to use this stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and it never occurred to me that one could dry emboss with a stencil. I have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool stencils! Love the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards, Sue. Love your alcoholic ink techniques and appreciate the photos and detailed description of both cards. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two techniques create such amazingly different cards. I like them both. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cool! I never think to use stencils for embossing; thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool looking
    cards and stencils.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome stencil techniques and fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool and interesting cards. Great stencil work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your stencil techniques. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the reminder to use my stencils for embossing! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the subtle background f the lift ink card. What a great way to use the stencil. And oh my! Embossing metallic cs with the stencil was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your stencil work! I would like to use my stencils more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea how to use stencil, I love this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.