Friday 11 May 2018

Far East Blog Hop

You never know what you might find on Facebook. I found a group that does monthly blog hops where participation isn't mandatory - you know, for those times when things just get a bit too chaotic. Well, this month, it's a "far east" inspired blog hop. 

Image may contain: text



Welcome to the Far East Blog Hop
May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (APAHM), celebrating the achievements and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.
This is a blog hop featuring projects inspired by the Asian culture. Join us as we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage!
You should have arrived from Shannon but if not, Connie Can Crop is the beginning of this fun filled hop!
This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday at 10pm to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.
We have an awesome sponsor for this hop!!
No automatic alt text available.

One lucky winner is going to win 4 dies from Cheapo Dies!!
What do you need to do to win? Easy... become a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.
You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments on every blog to be eligible to win.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 5/16/18 at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!
Here's my card




I made cards similar to this one to thank those who were so thoughtful and compassionate, following my mom's passing. I used a stamp set that is asian inspired but I have no idea what the company that made it is, nor the name of the stamp set. Nonetheless, I used a little girl wearing a kimono stamp. I added color with Copics and fussy cut her out. For the background, to continue the far east influence, I used the Darice Bamboo embossing folder and some dark green cardstock. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Let's Roll stamp set. In case you're not aware, arigato means thank you in Japanese.


Next head on over to Miranda !!

Here's our line up in case you get lost along the way.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

12 comments:

  1. Great card!!

    Sue
    suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love how the dark green embossing compliments your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card idea!!! My son and his friend order Japan crates. I think I am going to capture the moments of them opening it and create a layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bamboo embossed paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just adorable. I love the little Japanese doll image and the embossed bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this is really cute and the embossed background really adds to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so precious! I just adore the image and your design is clean and beautiful. Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, I love this embossing folder. And the sweet geisha is so cute, tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.