Thursday 1 December 2016

House of Cards Holiday Blog Hop and DT call

It's the beginning of another month. That means that it's time for a new challenge at House of Cards. Actually, it's a design team blog hop in addition to a photo inspiration challenge, which runs December 1st to 15th.



 Here's the blog hop order


Mynn 
   Donna 
 Em
   Heather 
 Jane 
 Judy 
 Katy 
  Leslie 
 Linda 
Rosi 
 Ruza
 Shirley 
  Sue N. <<this is me
  Susan 
 Tina 
 Toni

Here's my card


I was inspired by the red wreath, the lime green colour and a big bow. The stamp is H217S from one of our sponsors, Great Impressions. I stamped the image with versamark on vellum, used gold embossing powder and heat set. I positioned the sentiment, which is also a Great Impressions stamp, B73S and also used gold embossing powder and heat set it. I coloured the back side of the vellum with copics.

I'm always looking for ways to adhere the vellum that doesn't result in "splotches" of adhesive which can be seen through the vellum. I hid the adhesive behind pearl embellishments on the corners.

Next on the blog hop is Susan

Thanks for visiting
sue

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing and vellum! :) Hugs- Katy HOC Teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. I love the stamp on the vellum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Sue. It's been an honor working with you at HOC and I look forward to more of the same in 2017!
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card has such a simple elegance to it. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold embossing.
    Plain and simple but so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The gold embossing is fantastic! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I like your CAS card. So elegant!
    Kind regards from stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Sue! I adore the gold embossing--the colors really POP with that shine! Gorgeous creation, my friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple beauty - love the single wreath - great job with the inspiration. Shirley H. Teammie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the gold.
    Hugs, Chantal S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS card Sue! Love your embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant card, Sue. Love the gold on vellum!
    Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.