Wednesday 13 July 2016

Time Out Challenges #61 - mid Challenge post

The challenges at Time Out Challenges are for two weeks. It gives us all a little bit more time to take Time Out to craft for when our lives get crazy busy.

This time we are Inspired by Words again. 

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine"
Anthony J. D'Angelo
 
Here's my card for this week
 
 
 
 
I took this card in an entirely different direction from last week's sunny card here.  I focused on the word "you".
 
I used CAS-ual Fridays' All About You stamp set from Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval Beautiful World Collection.  I used the three "you" stamps and stamped them with Hero Arts Shadow Inks (Orange Soda, Pale Tomato, Lime Green, Tide Pool and Cornflower) in a random pattern. I was trying to achieve a "word cluster" look. I liked the look of the finished panel but then was a bit stuck on how to finish the card. I settled for stamping the "thank" using the "thanks" stamp from Simon Says STAMP Thanks stamp set by only inking the first five letters onto a scrap piece of blue cardstock, cut into a banner and popped up with dimensionals. The entire card front was matted with the same blue.
 
Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea Sue ti focus on 'you'. Looks great with all the different fonts, such a fun and sunny card. It has been wonderful having you as our GD x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on our words, Sue ... all those random bright colours have a fabulous energy about them ... such fun! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool. I like your approach to this quote. Thanks so much for being our guest designer at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great take on the inspiration quote, so different, very inventive! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.