Sunday 15 February 2015

Mojo Monday #384

So, I think that I've found the answer to my crafter's block - online card sketch challenges. At least, lately, I haven't spent hours and lots of scraps of paper trying to figure out what to do - which stamp set, which ink, printed paper or solid colour cardstock. 

 This card is for Mojo Monday #384





 Mojo Monday

Ink up the acrylic block; I used three colours of Distress Ink; spritz with water (I used 5 or 6 spritzes - used a fair bit of water). Apply to cardstock - I used 100 lb cardstock. Permit to dry.
I found that with more water, the colours blended better and the colours were more "diluted".

 I had pre-inked some papers with other distress inks; stamped two types of fish with Memento black ink (oops sorry - no pic); fussy cut the fish

 Found a complementary colour strip of cardstock; cut with a Fiskars border punch.


 I used my Wink of Stella pen to the fish to add a bit of shimmer; wrapped some fibre (with a little bling) around the cut down panel; found some printed paper which complemented the colours of the inked background; stamp the sentiment from the stamp set shown above with Memento black ink; adhered all pieces

Thanks for visiting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.