Sunday 19 June 2016

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge OLS28

The current challenge at One-Layer Simplicity is

STENCIL


So ... I find one-layer cards a bit challenging. It seems that whenever I work on a one-layer card, I get pretty close to finishing it and then I drop my block and it lands ink side down (just like every time I drop an open-faced peanut butter sandwich, yup, peanut butter side down, LOL) or I get a big smudge mark on it or, well, you understand. I feel that I waste paper that way. However, I understand that this challenge is to embrace one-layer cards and I love to play here!

Here's my card



Instead of using the stencil as a background, I used MFT Wildflowers stencil to add the flowers to my card. I used distress inks (dusty concord, picked raspberry, peeled paint and with daubers to add the colour.

The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. pretty...great simplicity!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the OLS this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.