Tuesday 11 August 2015

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #156 - Anything Goes

Here's my card
It's for the current challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More

I had seen cards like this but wasn't quite sure how to achieve the look. A fellow sistah, Carol at Stamp Nation posted a video on what she called Color to Monochromatic or you could visit her at her blog Stampin' Ribbons.

I started with two pieces of white cardstock - one 4.25 x 5.5 and one 2.75 x 4 (I wanted a .75" border all around). I placed a small piece of adhesive on the back of the smaller piece and adhered it centering it on top of the larger piece. I then stamped the large outline flower from this SU set. I separated the pieces of cardstock and coloured the flowers on the smaller piece with markers. When you stamp multiple pieces of cardstock of different sizes, the edges of the stamped image are not perfect, due to the thickness of the cardstock. Therefore it becomes necessary to mat the smaller piece, which I did with black.
The sentiment is from this Simon Says STAMP stamp set.

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. How pretty - that spotlighting within the frame! Great to see you playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool technique. I really like the results! I'm going to try this. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.