Saturday 3 July 2021

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #201

We've been going through a bit of a heat wave here in the Pacific Northwest. People will laugh at us - we've had temperatures around 100 degrees fahrenheit. However, these temperatures are not common and most of us don't have air conditioners. In fact, there have been at least 65 sudden death calls, related to the extreme heat, in my city alone over the last few days. It's even too hot to craft (oh my)!

However, I did manage to make a card for the current challenge at Addicted to CAS


At least, thinking about winter and snow, helped to cool me down. Here's my card


I had my watercolors out and picked up my Simon Says STAMP's Chunky Christmas stamp set. I started out with an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. I heat embossed the "MERRY" with gold embossing powder and added some distress ink (salty ocean, peacock feathers, twisted citron) with some water and a paint brush. I was trying for a bit of an ombre look. To complete the card, I heat embossed the word "Christmas" from the same stamp set onto a scrap of teal cardstock, again with gold embossing powder. That's my one layer, clean and simple Christmas card.

We'd love to have you join us.

Thanks for stopping by

sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.