Tuesday 29 May 2018

STAMPlorations Spotlight Project - Guest Designer - May 29

My second guest designer post for STAMPlorations Spotlight Projects. I'm so honoured to have been invited to create and post a spotlight project.

I've used STAMPlorations The Birds and the Blooms stamp set for my card

thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview

Here's my card



I started by stamping the hummingbird onto 96 lb bristol with Versafine Onyx black ink. I chose Versafine ink as I was planning on doing some watercoloring. I used Gansai Tambi Pearl Colors water-based pigment, applied with a water brush to add the shimmer color to the hummingbird. I used some Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color in the flower and the stems. I trimmed the panel to 3"x3". It look a little blah. I used an ink blending tool to add distress ink (broken china) to the background of the panel to give just a hint of a sky. I matted the panel with black. I added a simple sentiment, from the same stamp set to complete my clean and simple card.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.