Saturday 4 June 2016

Simon Says STAMP Wednesday Challenge

The current challenge at Simon Says STAMP Wednesday Challenge is

 MASK IT 

There are several ways you can create a mask, by simply tearing paper you can create hills and valleys, die cutting a shape, using a stencil or masking fluid or simply stamping an image onto scratch paper and cutting around it. We are showcasing Altenew Products this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used


Here's my card





I was going to mask off an area with post-it tape, likely a rectangle, stamp flowers and call it good. However, I decided to push myself a bit and try masking a flower by stamping it on a post-it (close to the sticky edge) and then fussy cutting it out. I used the Altenew Scribbled Flowers stamp set. I stamped the bloom in the corner, then added the mask and stamped the other two blooms, so that they slightly overlap. I then masked each flower individually while stamping the leaves. When adding the second layer of the bloom, I stamped the one in the corner, first, covered it with the mask and then proceeded to stamp the second layers of the other blooms. It's a bit of work. However, I'm pleased with the final product. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Big Scripty Greetings.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. So pretty

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.