Thursday 1 September 2016

House of Cards September Challenge

I guess this means that summer is over. It's September and you know what that means, it's time for another monthly challenge at House of Cards

Here's the inspiration


SEPTEMBER 2016
Add a Bird and/or Colors



Here's my card



Don't you just love the Tim Holtz' crazy birds? This bird is from the Tim Holtz Collection Stamps/Stencil Mixed Media 8. I coloured him in with copics, close to the colours of this month's challenge. I fussy-cut him out, added glossy accents to his eye and popped him up with dimensionals. To add the lime green colour from the challenge, I inked up the background with twisted citron distress ink in a random fashion with an ink blending tool. The sentiment is stamped from Lawn Fawn's Chit Chat stamp set, fussy cut and adhered to the card.

Thanks for visiting
sue

6 comments:

  1. What a cute thank you card Sue! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute thank you card Sue! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous, Sue! I LOVE the way you did up the background--the texture is awesome! I adore the coloring you did on the bird, too! Beautiful work, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean, simple and fantastic colors! Adorable! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DO love the crazy birds!
    This is a super make for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just hilarious. This little bird with hanging space with its speech bubble. Just simple fun!! Love it!! thank you so much Sue for being such a fabulous teammate.. You are simply the best and for that I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.