Saturday 4 June 2016

Muse Card Challenge #168

The current challenge at Muse Card Challenge is this great card created by Leigh Penner




OK - I admit it. I wasn't going to "play" this week because I had no idea what to do! Good job, Leigh - this was a great exercise to "stretch" and be creative because I have no "food" stamps, certainly no hamburger stamp! I kept coming back to Leigh's card because I didn't really want to give in. So I looked at some of the elements - the woodgrain background, the basic sketch and frame, the colours - red, yellow, cream, kraft, sentiment including the word "happy".

Here's what I came up with


I started with cream cardstock and Stampin Up's Woodgrain stamp and Stampin Up's Sahara Sand ink. I cut out the frame from kraft cardstock and cut out the centre panel with MFT Die-namics Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles. The sentiment is from Simon Says Clear Stamp Happy stamp set. I added distress inks (mustard seed, barn door, pumice stone) to the centre panel with ink blending tools.

Thanks for visiting
sue

4 comments:

  1. Ah! Genius! Love how you've really captured a similar feel in a completely different way! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you kept coming back to my card and didn't give in! Your card is beautiful and I love how you were inspired by my card! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card ... love the colors. Wonderful interpretation of Leigh's card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful! The use of woodgrain and the colors from Leigh's card is really brilliant. Sweet! Way to rise up to the challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.