Thursday 7 March 2019

STAMPlorations CAS - March Challenge

Finally, it's a new month. Hoping we've left the snow and February behind us. It was getting a bit ridiculous.

It's time for a new monthly challenge at STAMPlorations CAS


Here's my card



OK, I admit it. I love this stamp. Now, I'm sad - I see that it has been retired. Oh well, I still have it in my collection. This stamp is STAMPlorations SKETCHED: Tulips. I started with 100 lb bristol and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I added color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (Scarlet Red, May Green) and with a water brush moved the color around. This technique makes it appear that I'm pretty good at watercolor. Actually, it's the embossing powder that contains the color and those markers and a water brush makes it really easy to do. I find the trick is to not use too much water. I trimmed the panel to 2.75" x 4" and matted with dark gray. The sentiment is from STAMPlorations Grateful Flutters stamp set, stamped with Hero Arts Soft Granite ink.

Thanks for stopping by. We'd love to see your creations.
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. This is also one of my favorite images...beautifully watercolored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.