Wednesday, 1 February 2017

House of Cards - February Challenge

Hi! Where did January go? It feels like it was just New Years Eve. Well, seeing that it's now February 1st, then it must be time for a new challenge at House of Cards

FEBRUARY 2017
Love Theme and/or Colors



Here's my card



I was inspired by the striped hearts and the stripes of colour on the photo inspiration. It reminded me of paint swatches from the paint store. So, I went to a local paint store, pretending that I was looking for paint colours (shhhh ... don't tell) in the pink family. I die cut hearts of two sizes using Memory Box Cherub Hearts dies.



I masked off a 1.5" area with post-it tape and added Hickory Smoke distress ink with an ink blending tool. I carefully removed the post-it tape. I assembled the hearts in a bit of a random fashion. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP's Handwritten Sentiments.

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. I love your use of paint chip! I was once obsessed with it and had a few card series about them! Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pst Sue N. your not the only one who has grabed paint swatches ;) Lovely and nice work here. I really enjoy to be back and working in the team again. Take care.

    (✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Sue! The hearts look just like the ones in the inspiration photo--what a great idea! And, just like Merethe said, we've all grabbed those to use on projects! ;) Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.