Saturday 11 April 2020

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #182

Well, one thing I can say for self-isolation and social distancing, that as an introvert, I'm enjoying "me" time. It gives me more time for crafting - which is a very good thing. Hope you and yours are safe.

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS




Here's my card



As I was searching through my stamp sets looking for an "animal", I came across this toucan. Reminds me of Toucan Sam, the mascot for Froot Loops breakfast cereal. I stamped the image, using the Your Next Stamp's Jungle Critters stamp set and Memento Tuxedo black ink. I coloured the image with Copics B02, R29, Y17, YG03, C5, E21 and fussy cut it. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I however, covered the word "love" with a piece of post-it tape while inking the stamp and then removing it before stamping. The sentiment is actually "Here's a toucan of my love". Using the same Copic markers, I made a striped piece of cardstock from which, I die cut the sentiment using Simon Says STAMP's Just Words No. 1 dies. I used some washi tape (egads, I actually used some washi tape!) as a vertical border on the right and adhered the die cut below the stamped part of the sentiment. I adhered the toucan, on a bit of an angle - probably just because I could!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

3 comments:

  1. Your toucan is so cute and I love how you colored the die-cut sentiment, Sue! Adorable thank you card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love that sentiment, Sue. A pun always gets me. Great coloring on the toucan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I am totally in love what that punny sentiment and I love that you colored the die-cut thanks to match the colors on the toucan! Fabulous CAS card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.