Tuesday 31 March 2020

Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge April 2020

Well, Happy April Fools' Day! Seems like a prank gone really bad with all this COVID 19 stuff. I guess no one is going to say "April Fools" at a COVID 19 press conference, eh?

Hope you and your family is surviving this pandemic. For me, I have more time to craft, which is a good thing.

We have a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.This month our challenge is


Here's my card



After a trip to France last summer, I became a fan of Van Gogh's art. I'm not sure if it was because he had such a difficult life or if I never really paused long enough to appreciate his art. However, I'm a fan. Perhaps, when I saw the "stars" prompt, I thought of his Starry Night painting. I looked through my stamp sets for something with stars and came across Lawn Fawn's Starry Backdrops. I used it with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, which was heat set on a piece of 96 lb bristol. With a water brush, I added distress inks (chipped sapphire, seedless preserves, black soot). I moved the colours around with some water and the water brush until I got my own starry night. I trimmed the panel to 5.5" x 2.25" and adhered it to an A2 card. I stamped the sentiment, from the same stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

We'd love for you to join us.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on this starry night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful starry night - wonderful card - and I wish this whole mess was over with
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful CAS card! I love that blue against the stark white cardbase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a wonderful starry night sky, Sue! It's a gorgeous, eye-catching CAS card! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.