Thursday 15 August 2019

AAA Cards CAS Game #146

There's a card challenge at AAA Cards - CAS Game #146




I decided to make a card for this challenge. Often, the time-consuming part is trying t decide what to do. If I'm trying to create something in a short period of time, I tend to go back to some of my favorite card styles. I decided not to add the optional twist of Summer to my card. Here's my one-layer card.


So, one-layer cards tend to intimidate me. I mean, what happens when you make a mistake or drop your stamp or smudge something? Right, it's just half a piece of cardstock. Move on ... right? I started by stamping the cute tea party image from Unity Stamps' Tea Love stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto an A2 card base, using my MISTI. I let the ink dry a bit before moving to my next step. I masked off an area, just over 1.5" wide using post-it tape. I then added distress oxides (peacock feathers, twisted citron, salty ocean) using one of those oval make-up brushes. Those make-up brushes are so easy to use and make ink application seem so smooth. I carefully removed the post-it tape - emphasis on "carefully". I have ruined a few cards by not carefully removing the post-it tape. I stamped the sentiment, from the same stamp set to complete the card. Once I decided what to do, it took me less than 5 minutes to complete. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! One of my go to design layouts too so this card is definitely my cup of tea! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card! Great design and colours - I know you said that you decided not to go with a summery theme but it definitely made me think of tea in the garden! Thank you for playing along with AAA Cards ‘Made in Minutes’ challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.