Tuesday 23 July 2019

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge # 351

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! This week, the challenge is



Do you like "anything goes" challenges? For me, sometimes, "anything goes" is just too much freedom and I get stuck with too many ideas swirling in my little brain. Sometimes, I need a theme or a sketch or a color scheme to get me started. What about you?

Here's my card


I was at the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Puyallup Washington a few weeks ago and saw some examples of cards made with Gina K's Art Stencil - Floral. They were so pretty, I just HAD to buy the stencil. My first card made with the stencil was this card. I find stencils really help me achieve an artistic look to my cards because an artist likely designed the stencil. I used distress inks (wilted violet, shaded lilac and peeled paint), applied with ink blending tools. I used some scraps of paper, to help keep the ink in areas where I wanted the ink and to not "bleed" into other areas. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Communique Curves sentiments stamp set, inked with Hero Arts Soft Granite ink. The card panel is matted by some gray cardstock.

So ... what will you create this week? We'd love for you to join us.

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.