Sunday 20 August 2017

CASology: Week 262

I really had to put on my thinking cap this week to participate at CASology where the cue card is




You see - I looked around my craft room for something prickly, cactus - nope, porcupine - nope, pineapples - nope. Then I remembered a CTMH Born to Ride stamp set that had a barbed wire stamp. My next challenge was to figure out how to make that into a card. Here is my card



I gently added some tumbled glass distress ink with an ink blending tool. I stamped the barbed wire. After masking the bottom, I added some grass using Technique Tuesday's Wildflowers stamp set. The birds are a stamp by Lavinia Stamps, called birds. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Keep it Simple Birthday Stamp set. I think that this would work as a masculine birthday card.

Thanks for visiting
sue


5 comments:

  1. Ah, very clever! I love your softly inked card base, a perfect sky for your beach scene. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft sky and silhouette of birds. So happy you could join in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this wins most original interpretation of the week! Very clever and I love how you used such a sharp image within the design of your soft and gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...barbed wire... how CREATIVE! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever and so very beautiful ! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.