Sunday 26 February 2017

a2z Scrapbooking

I posted over at a2z Scrapbooking. This card would work for this month's challenge

01e4f-a2z

We'd love for you to participate in this month's challenge. Be sure that you highlight a Hero Arts product. If you are looking for Hero Arts products, check out a2z Scrapbooking etsy store. When your cart exceeds $25, use my code sue15 for 15% off.

Here's the card



I was testing out a new technique - alcohol ink on vellum. I tried heat embossing on the reverse side. I didn't like how muted the colour was. So, I tried again, this  time embossing on the alcohol ink side - much better. The colour was more vibrant. It was the look I was going for, for this card.

I used Hero Arts K6214 Artistic Dahlia. I fussy cut the flowers out - removing the leaves (which of course, were red!) I hand cut leaves from a grey/green cardstock. It felt that I needed to do a bit more to add a bit of interest. So, I embossed using a vertical stripes embossing folder. The sentiment is from Hero Arts CM124 Color Layering Fuchsia.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I still haven't tried alcohol inks on vellum--thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.