Tuesday 12 January 2016

TIME OUT Challenge #47 and StampNation - Technique Toolbox: Creative Stenciling

Stamp Nation is celebrating its fifth birthday and as a gift to all subscribers (of which I am one), they are pre-offering their Technique Toolbox: Creative Stenciling course. As I settled down to start adding ink with a stencil, I decided to create a birthday card with the sponged background for the current challenge at TIME OUT Challenges

Birthdays with the optional Technique Twist of adding sponging


Here's my card






I used this Winnie and Walter stencil which came in Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval Friendship Collection box.


I added colour with distress inks - seedless preserves, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, twisted citron and peacock feathers.

The sentiment is from this Simon Says STAMP stamp set





I added a few sequins to add a bit of sparkle to complete my card.

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. Sue thus background is gorgeous. I love the changing colours. Thanks for joining TO x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good rainbow and this is gorgeous!! Love that stencil too and your blending is so perfect. Always so happy to see you at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing bg, I love the colors and that stencil you used is so stylish and fun! Great job! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.