Thursday 1 October 2015

House of Cards October Challenge

Here's my card for this month's House of Cards October Challenge


The challenge is: Add texture &/or Color challenge with this photo as inspiration.

 autumn palette

I was inspired by the fall vegetables. OK - this is where I was thinking outside the box! I picked up a cob of corn and added ink (mustard seed, spiced marmalade and early espresso) to the kernels. The colours were picked from the colours on the inspiration photo. I rolled the cob onto my paper. I did this a few times to "cover" the cardstock. It resulted in a cool background piece that "shows" texture. I cut the panel to size. I realize that I should have taken a picture with my inked up cob of corn. Darn - missed opportunity!

I used this embossing folder to add texture to the background.

I used this Stampin Up French Foliage stamp set. I used the same inks as the corn-textured piece, using the "rolling" technique to add a different colour to the edges of the leaves. I fussy-cut the leaves.

I found some burlap-like ribbon at Michaels and used a piece to make a bow. I added a sentiment (chalking the edge of the banner).

Here's a close-up of the corn-textured panel.

This card also fits the challenge at Uniko Studio 
 

AUTUMN / FALL
with an optional twist of THANKS
 

Thanks for visiting
sue

17 comments:

  1. woww Sue
    I adore your texture here
    the wood grain the ribbon all the texture is fit together with this month challenge
    adorable DT card and thanks for already visiting me you are so sweet
    hugs, Monika (HOC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card and colors choise here Sue.Fun to see what you other girls have made.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great great texture! The dark brown really makes your central panel pop!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely woodgrain texture, beautiful autumn leaf and ribbon tool - great work. Thanks so much for playing along with our autumn theme at Uniko!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great texture and I love that hessian bow. Thanks for joining in the Autumn challenge at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty, Sue! I adore the fabulous images you used--and that twill ribbon is just lovely with the dry embossing! Gorgeous card! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Sue! Love the leaves and ribbon and of course embossing!
    Judy HOC Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you a clever girl! i love your "corny" background!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great wood grain texture and beautiful design! Donna T. HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Sue! I love the pretty background that looks like watercolor painting! So many pretty embellishments too!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sue, your card is gorgeous, and I love the textured background! I am ready for Fall! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card, love the ribbon for even more texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Splendid autumn card!! Love all the textures you added, especially the wood grain in the background!
    Hugs, Rosi - HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, it's gorgeous! I love all the texture you've used. Perfect!
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely - a great fall card, Jo x HOC/DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely - a great fall card, Jo x HOC/DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.