Sunday 15 March 2015

CASology Week 137 - Tropical


AAAAhhhhhh - when I hear the word "tropical" I think of Maui - trade winds blowing, waves crashing on the sand, soft sand, sun .... yup, my idea of paradise. This was the inspiration for my card.







 CASology


I used this die set to cut out the three squares from a piece of white cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

I used my teflon sheet; added splotches of these three distress inks and spritzed with water. I placed the right edge of the front of my A2 card into the ink and let dry. I adhered the die cut panel on top of the inked card.

 I used this stamp set that I purchased from a scrapbooking store in Maui.

 I inked the three stamps with distress markers. I stamped into the "openings" created by the die cuts.

What I noticed is that my card doesn't lay flat because of the water/ink. I've placed it under some weight - not sure if it will flatten out anymore.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. Your card is so very pretty. Definitely makes me think of Hawaii. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.